Friday, November 03, 2006

We've got tickets!!!
I'm very happy to say that we received our airline tickets by FedEx today! The fellow taking care of our travel arrangements has been so wonderful! For those of you adopting, we're using Todd Galileo and I HIGHLY recommend him! I'm also happy to say that the tickets weren't as horrific as we thought they might be. We spent $4200 for me, Mike and Olivia. That's not chump change by any stretch of the imagination, but it could have been worse. We're so grateful that God saw fit to lower gas prices just in time for us to fly half way around the world! We're flying out of Shreveport, LA early in the morning on the 16th. We'll meet up with Mandy and Arnaud in Dallas and then we'll be together for the remainder of the trip. We'll all fly to LAX and have a 4 1/2 hour layover. My brother (who lives in San Diego) is hopeful that he'll be able to drive up and at least meet us for lunch. Then we're on to Taipei, Taiwan where we'll spend the night. That will be the longest leg of the trip. 14 hours in a plane at one time!!! Ugh! Luckily, we're flying Eva air which has deluxe accommodations which as I understand it are equivalent to business class. More room, more reclining. Sounds nice. Then we'll fly out on the 18th (we lose half a day on the flight out there) and arrive in Vietnam around noon on the 18th. Total 22 hours in the air. Oh my goodness. I'm so excited though!!!!! I can't believe we're finally going. It's completely surreal.
We're having another of our famous garage sales this weekend. We didn't have nearly as much stuff though so we're not expecting to break any records. God has truly blessed our garage sales. Friends and family have donated lots of stuff over the last year to help out. We made $1100 on the first one, then $900, then $1600 on the last one! We made over $300 today and will be open all day tomorrow. We even had some friends call this evening with a desk, chair, framed prints and some linens that we went a picked up. We have such an awesome support system! Our wonderful church, First Baptist Church of McNeil, is also having a luncheon fundraiser for us this Sunday. I'm so overwhelmed by how wonderful everyone has been to us. I know I say this often, but I really can't say it enough - WE ARE SO BLESSED! I hope that whatever is going on in your lives today that you can thank God for it and tell others how blessed you are. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You will be so glad that you are flying deluxe class. I thought the Taiwan leg of the trip was the most comfortable and went the fastest. Have fun!

Rachel said...

It must feel so much more real now that you have those tickets in your hands! :) I'm excited to hear all about your experiences...I've had such a blast reading about the previous families' trips. Have fun getting ready to go!