Tuesday, November 28, 2006



Finally! I'm sharing Olivia's beautiful smile with the world for the first time! My dear friend and traveling partner, Mandy, allowed me to use her computer to put it on the blog. (She insisted that I write nice things about her - wink wink) This was actually the first time we even saw Olivia smile. We were standing outside the Park Hyatt anxiously looking for Brangelina when I for whatever reason decided to throw Olivia up in the air. Just like her big brother Jake, she LOVED it! She and Mike now do this almost constantly! They have such a good time together. Getting smiles out of her is getting easier and easier. She and Mike also like to play hide and seek and throw me on the bed and tickle me. Also without prompting, she opens Oreos and eats the white stuff first and she loves Dr. Pepper. I know Daddy Don will be pleased. I'm sure we'll convert her to Diet Mt. Dew when we get home. Don't worry everyone - we don't keep our kids hopped up on caffeine. It's just an occasional treat.
We had our meeting with CIS this morning and we were approved! We are taking Olivia for her mandatory health exam in the morning. We got her passport today! We are supposed to hear tomorrow about our interview date for Hanoi. This will determine when we can come home. They are only open Mon, Tue and Wed, so we would VERY MUCH like for our interview to be Monday so we can be home by the end of next week. Please please please pray for us to have our interview Monday and for everything to work out so that we can come home to our sugarbear!!!
All of the other families are doing well. We are all just anxious to get home. I do have one other prayer request. There is another family here using another agency that are having a LOT of unusual and very difficult problems. I won't go into detail but please pray for this family. God will of course know who you're talking about!
We love you guys and can't wait to come home!!! Enjoy Olivia's smile. I can't wait to have a picture of her and Jake smiling TOGETHER!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

What a beautiful smile! Thank you for sharing the picture and thank you Mandy for helping out!! :) I pray you all get your appts in Hanoi early next week & are home SOON! I will also pray for the other family you mentioned...this process is strenuous enough, I hope they get the issues straightened out soon!

Take care!

Heather said...

What a great picture! Just one question - how did you find Dr. Pepper in VN?!? I had to go a month without it!

www.beyond blessed.com said...

Oh Casey she is so beautiful! What a priceless picture. I am with Heather, where did you get the Dr. Pepper. These are secrets we need to know! Praying everything goes smoothly and you are home soon!
Blessings!

snickerdoodles said...

Gorgeous!!! Makes me so happy to see pics of you together...can't wait to see her and Jake interacting! :) I have no doubts that she too will soon be consuming the Munn family drink of choice....diet mt. dew!! lol! see you soon! love ya!

erinlo said...

It is so great to see that beautiful smile. What a gorgeous girl!!!! I'm so happy your interview went well. I will be praying you get your interview on Monday so you can get home!!!

We met a family with another agency who was having a very hard time also. It made us very thankful to have been with Dillon!!! I will be praying for them!

Tell Mandy "Hi" and know that you are all in my prayers!!!

Dan and Elisabeth said...

She is beautiful! I will be praying for your interview. Thank you for posting the picture! It is great.