Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Today has been an extremely tough day. I knew that leaving Jake was going to be hard, but I had no idea how hard. I've been crying for about a week now in anticipation of this day, and crying every five minutes all day long today all while trying to keep Jake from seeing my sadness. I've completely devoted the last two days to Jake and tried to make them as fun as possible. We have the Christmas tree up and decorated and he even has one of his own in his room. He's very proud. He's the sweetest boy God ever put on this planet other than Jesus Christ. Jake runs a very close second.

Right now I'm feeling every emotion possible. I'm incredibly sad about leaving Jake, yet thrilled to finally be travelling to bring Olivia home. I'm anxious and worried, happy and heartbroken, tired and exhilarated. How can all of this happen at once? My poor body.

Jake is staying with my in-laws. They are fantastic grandparents and Jake loves them to death. He smothered us with kisses and hugs before we left him there tonight. He's very anxious to have Olivia home. He doesn't understand how long we'll be gone, but I think after we packed essentially every article of clothing he owns, he was beginning to get the picture. Luckily, they'll be out at the house everyday feeding the dogs and fish, along with hunting of course, so he'll be able to play with all of his stuff and get different movies to watch, etc. I'm the one that's losing their mind. Mike is pretty upset too, but he's much better at hiding it. It was tough watching him kiss and hug Jake goodnight for the last time in a while tonight though. His eyes welled up with tears, but he held them back. He's a bigger man than me.

Ok. I've gotta finish packing. Yes, we're leaving in 4 1/2 hours and I'm not done packing. This is normal behavior for me! Please pray for us while we're gone and if you see my sugarbear, give him a big kiss for me! The next time you hear from me, we'll be in VIETNAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

mrsf5 said...

Hi, Casey! We're friends of Mandy and Arnaud's, and we just wanted to let you know that all of you... parents, sons and daughters... will be in our thoughts and prayers in the coming days.

We'll be following your blog and eagerly awaiting Mandy's messages home, too... so many people are sending their love and faith with you all to Vietnam. After this long journey you've undertaken, you're now so close to holding your daughters in your arms! It's too wonderful for words.

Well, this will be no surprise to Mandy: I'm now crying too hard to type anything else. So, bon voyage! Take care and touch base when you can...

Very best wishes,
Amy (Mrs. F5)

www.beyond blessed.com said...

Oh Casey I wish that I could give you a big hug. Now you have me crying! You are going through every possible emotion that a mom could have.
I know you know that everything will be fine and before you know it you will be home and your family will be complete! I pray for you peace and lets not forget a speedy process!
Elaine

You know with all you heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed. Joshua 23:14

Rachel said...

Casey & Mike - I am so excited that you are finally on your way to sweet Olivia. You have prayed long and hard for this day and it has finally come!

I can only empathize with what it must be like to leave one child to bring home another. I know you will feel such mixed emtions. As your heart & arms ache for Jake, your heart & arms will be overjoyed as you finally hold Olivia for the first time.

Enjoy your time in Vietnam. God is with you all of you and you will all be together as a family soon.

Dan and Elisabeth said...

I will be praying for you as you take this amazing leap of faith. The Lord has given you a wonderful blessing. He chose you for this journey and he will protect you as you are in Vietnam and away from Jake. I can't wait to follow your blog over the next several weeks!

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you whereever you go."
Joshua 1:9

Blessings!
Elisabeth

Stacey said...

Casey and Mike we just met you in the lobby of the Kimdo Hotel, and spent a few minutes with Mike outside of the Tax Market. We will be praying hard for your family(4)over the next weeks. God will continue to bless you as it is evident he has throughout your journey.

David and Stacey