Sunday, November 19, 2006

Day 2 with Olivia!!

We just returned to the hotel from day two at the orphanage. Olivia is just precious. She fell asleep in Mike's arms today and it was so sweet. They also let us feed her lunch which consisted of rice, beef, shrimp and soup. It also had some vegetables in it. We were very impressed with the food they feed them. I also found out that Olivia still drinks from a bottle, which is great. That will give us lots of cuddle time! She sat in my lap and Mike tried to feed her but she would turn her head and bury her face in my chest. I took the spoon and she ate a few bites. I figured since she fell asleep in Mike's arms for the first time we were even since I got to feed her first! She's just the tiniest thing in the world. I can't convey to you how tiny she is. Her little arms and legs are just tiny tiny. She has such soft skin and she smells so sweet. Her hair is soft and she has the absolutely smallest nose I've ever seen in my life! I don't think Jake's nose was this small when he was a newborn!

Tomorrow is our g&r and she'll be our daughter forever. Of course we already think of Olivia as our daughter, but tomorrow it will be official! I just can't believe it. It's surreal. Happy happy happy!!!!!!!!!!! I'm also happy that she'll be able to hear Jake on the phone tomorrow! He'll be very pleased. We talked to him last night and told him we had been to see Olivia. He was disappointed that we hadn't already gotten her. Only one more day Jakey Poo!

The orphanage is so nice and we have loved getting to spend so much time there. I think we've been very lucky to have been here early enough to visit the orphanage and our children three times. I held most of the babies today and one of them is brand new. She still even has a black belly button. She can't be more than a couple of weeks old. All of the nannies are just absolutely amazing. I know that Olivia has been incredibly well cared for. How much they love the children is obvious.

I think we'll go have lunch now and go for a swim at the beach on the South China Sea. This is without a doubt the most beautiful place we've ever been. It's amazing. Hope all is going well at home. Give Jake love for us!! I'll try to post some pictures later tonight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casey,
I'm so happy for you guys! Olivia is such a cutie and I love the blog. Thanks for the updates. They are so wonderful.

Rachel said...

That's great that you were able to feed her a little & that she fell asleep in daddy's arms. So sweet. Just one more day and it will officially be all said & DONE :)

erinlo said...

Casey- This is awesome. Olivia is so precious. I'm so excited for you guys!!! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Casey and MIke.......congratulations on arriving in Vietnam!! am so excited that Olivia is warming up to you both already. Enjoy your time with her and we will be praying hard for you during the G&R. Love and hugs....Kimberly and Olivia Alls

Stacey said...

Casey and Mike- We are so happy for you! It is evident from your blog that you love the Lord and this child will be raised in a faith-based home. Your child is a precious gift, and know that on your journey if you feel any difficulty you should take up the Armor of God and he will see you through. We are lifting you up in prayer back here at the Kimdo, and know you will be on your way shortly.

Anonymous said...

Casey, I'm so happy for you and Mike. I know that you are so happy and thankful I can just see it in your face and hear it when you are writing your blogs. I love reading your blog and thanks so much for keeping us in touch. can't wait to hear how your g&r went. and can't wait to see more pictures of you all together. and especially pictures of you 4 together. =)
lots of love,
Jennifer Bethany

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Munn Family!

Our Vivian has been home for 2 months and we had some rough times early on. But now everything seems peachy. She is very happy and the best part is that she and Julian are like 2 peas in a pod...like Jake and Olivia will be!

Take it from me, it may be a little difficult at first. Give yourselves time to adjust when you get home. Before long she will be a happy camper and you'll all wonder how you ever lived without her!