Tuesday, November 21, 2006

As I type (one handed) Olivia is fast asleep in my lap! This has been such an awesome day! She is ours FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! She is doing really well. Checking everything out. Very cautious yet will sit in our laps and snuggle a bit. She's tiny!!!!!!!!!!! I brought all 2T and 24 month clothes and the only outfit that fits her is a dress that ties in the back. Oh dear me. We're going to have to do LOTS of shopping in HCMC tomorrow. Mike is off applying for her passport. She cried for 5 minutes when he left. I think that's a good sign. Regardless, he'll be sad she cried but tickled that she cried for him. She is absolutely precious! (Jake, you will love her to death! I can't wait for you to meet her!!)

I would like to say a huge thank you to Daddy Don and JuJu for taking such good care of our sugarbear while we're gone. They are the best grandparents in the world. Jake is doing really well. He misses us and asks about us a lot, but he's doing well so far. Please remember to pray for him.

I'll may not post any more pictures until we get to HCMC tomorrow night. Olivia is a cutie and loves to chat on her Barbie cell phone. Leaving the orphange today was very bittersweet. It has been her home for 2 1/2 years. The people there have been - and will continue to be - her family. It is a beautiful place and full of more love than you could ever imagine. I wouldn't trade this trip for anything in the world. It has been a blessing to us to see her country and her people. We will definitely make many more trips here when our children are a bit older.

I'll try to write more later! Sleeping beauty needs her rest!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so happy she is now yours forever. Have a safe trip back to HCMC and I can't wait to hear about all your other experiences!

And if you typed that all one handed, I am VERY impressed!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Olivia is finally a Munn!!! all your's. that's just great. I'm so glad to hear that Jake is doing well also. he has been in my prayers right along with you guys. I hope all the shopping goes great. I know you will have so much fun!! can't wait to see more pictures. love, Jennifer Bethany

Morgan said...

Casey,

We have been traveling and I wasn't able to check your blog until today. I am rejoicing with your family right now!!! Olivia is just beautiful, and it has been such a joy to read over the last few days of posts as she became officially yours. My prayers are with you and your whole family!!!

We're really not that far from you guys--I wish you could just pop on over to our house for Thanksgiving Dinner this afternoon!