Friday, November 24, 2006

Our laptop has officially quit working so I most likely won't be able to send out anymore pictures. I'm very sad about this because we finally saw Olivia's smile today! She's absolutely gorgeous when she smiles!!!! You are all just going to love her! We heard this morning that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were in Saigon if you can imagine! So Mike looked in the paper and there was a picture of them saying they were staying in the Park Hyatt. We asked our waiter where it was and found out it's just around the corner!!! So of course being the lunatics that we (Mandy and I) are, we all trotted down to the Park Hyatt in hopes of seeing Brangelina. No such luck. We finally gave up after about an hour and a half. Mandy and Arnaud spoke to the manager who happens to be French and he said that it would be impossible for us to see them because they would be going out a back entrance or something. It was crazy but we had fun anyway. While waiting at the hotel for her, I threw Olivia up in the air and she had a HUGE smile on her face! We were so excited! She has such a beautiful smile! She has really good looking teeth too which is of course good news. Now she loves for me to throw her up in the air or twirl her around. She'll just smile and smile. She's definitely coming around. I can't wait to see the real Olivia emerge. She also pointed to a picture of an elephant today and said a Vietnamese word. This is all good progress. We are pleased. We're having some problems with her not wanting to lay down for naps or bed and she doesn't like going into our staying in the hotel room. We're working on it though. I know it will get better. This is tough. I'm not going to pretend like it's not. Mike and I are having a really hard time trying to do the best we can. She won't go to Mike anymore which is of course really hard for him because he just loves her to death. It's also hard for me because she's not crazy about me either, but she tolerates me pretty well. You have to understand that this is all normal though. We didn't expect her to just miraculously know we were her Mommy and Daddy who love her and will never leave her. It sure would have been nice though!

If I can ask for you prayers, please pray for God to comfort Olivia and allow us to comfort her. Pray for her to let her guard down and let us in. Pray for us to know the right things to do and say. Pray of course for our paperwork that we'll be able to get home ASAP and pray for Mr. Jake back at home and everyone taking care of him. Thank you guys so much for your prayers! We can't wait to get home so you can all see Olivia's gorgeous smile in person! Give Jake kisses and hugs for us if you see him!

P.S. Steph, I miss you! It's been a whole week since we talked on the phone! I was going to call you, but realized it was the middle of the night there. I'll try to call you soon though. Sometimes I just need to talk to my Stephanephanie :< )

0 comments: