Saturday, November 11, 2006

Building our nest!

I'm nesting! I've never cleaned so much in my life. It's absolutely bizarre! I have an insatiable need for everything to be clean and in order! I've even rearranged the furniture in 4 different rooms. Very peculiar stuff. I've been telling Jake that we're going to put the Christmas tree up and I may finally get it up today. I realize it's a bit early, but we don't expect to be back home before the 1st or 2nd week of December, so I wanted to go ahead and get all of my decorating done. That way I can just focus on my two Munn munchkins! It's going to be wild trying to get Jake's birthday party all together and finish buying Christmas presents with two toddlers. I can't wait though!
Today is the first day of deer season with a rifle in Arkansas. That's a BIG BIG day at our house! Our deer camp is actually in our backyard, so there are people, trucks, 4 wheelers and campers all over the place. There are also a few sleeping bags throughout my house. We have three of our friends from Illinois staying with us. The first week of deer season is always so much fun. Jake is finally old enough to truly enjoy it to, which makes it even more fun for us. Mike has already taken in several deer today. He does such amazing work. I'm so incredibly proud of him! Daddy Don is going to take in mounts for us while we're gone to Vietnam. We are blessed to have such wonderful family.
We're leaving in 4 1/2 days!!!!! I can't believe it! That's scary when I actually count down the days. That's not long! I've got lots more nesting to do between now and then!
Happy Deer Season!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well we will certainly miss all of you while your gone. I plan to go visit Jake at his JuJus.(?sp)
It will be a great wonderful day when you return with Olivia and we can all be one big happy family together.
P.S. Only two doe were seen in Bussey today. Maybe better luck with the big bucks tom. Love yall, me

snickerdoodles said...

Can't believe you are leaving so soon. So excited for you!! Will be in town tomorrow and hope to see you before you leave town. Can't wait to meet Olivia!!

Dan and Elisabeth said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait for the day that I get to go meet our sweet little one!