Thursday, January 11, 2007

We love you Daddy Don

Mike's Dad, who we all call Daddy Don, died very suddenly and unexpectedly last night. He was only 59 years old and he and Mike's Mom, Judy (better known as JuJu) had been married for over 40 years. He was an amazing, wonderful man that we loved so so much. I can't even begin to tell you what he meant to us and especially to Jake. Daddy Don loved us all so much but he loved his four grandchildren, Jake, Olivia, Emma & Amy more than anything in the world. We are all completely in shock and I ask for your prayers for our family, especially for JuJu, Mike and my sister-in-law Rhonda. His funeral will be Saturday at 2 p.m. It's been such a long day and we are all so exhausted. I will write more in a few days. I have so many things I want the world to know about this great man that we were blessed to have as a father and our children were blessed to have as a grandfather. Please pray for the Munn family as we try to get through this. We know that God's will is perfect and just, but sometimes it's very hard to understand. Now is definitely one of those times. We know he was taken at just the right time, but for us it was far too soon.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike and family,
I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you find the strength you need as you mourn your father/FIL/grandfather. I look forward to reading your words about him.

Morgan said...

I am so sorry, Casey. I will be praying for your family.

Heather said...

Oh, Casey! I am so, so sorry for your family. You have our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Daddy Don

I am so going to miss this man. I consider myself extremely lucky and honored to have met him and get to know him.

I just wish everyone could have been as lucky as I am to have had him in my life, even for a brief time.

My only consolation, if any, is that there is now one amazing gardian angel in heaven looking down on the Munn Family and friends.

All my love.
Uncle Joby

Laura said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Casey! I imagine it's even more difficult because it was so unexpected. You and your family will most certainly be in my prayers!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Casey & family, I am so sorry for your loss. I will most defintely keep you and your family in my prayers. I am thankful you have such wonderful memories to hold on to during this time.

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We will be thinking about you and praying for your family.

Susan said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Please know that many, many people will be lifting your family up in prayer.

Kerrie (aka Zak's mom!) said...

We were so saddened to hear of your loss. Please know that there are people that you don't even know praying for you from afar. Hold your family tight and remember to take one minute/hour/day at a time.

In His Grace,
Kerrie (Zak's mommy from the forum)

"I took my troubles to the LORD; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer."
Psalm 120:1

Dianna said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful dad and grandpa.
Dianna, from the Dillon forum

Sebrina Wilson said...

Casey: I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Sebrina

Anonymous said...

Casey- From the amount of times I've heard you talk about "Daddy Don" I know he was very precious to you. I am so so sorry to hear about his loss. I am praying for all of you right now. -erinlo

Anonymous said...

Casey,
I'm praying for you and your family. So sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you had him in your lives--he sounds like a wonderful blessing to all of you.

JoanP from the forum

Anonymous said...

Well my prayers have been with you every day and every hour. I need to say about Don that from the very first time I meet him, he and Judy took me in like they had known me all their life. Not only that but they acted like I was a Munn.
For those who don't know me this speaks very highly of Don. Not many people quite now how to take me when they first see me. But he looked on the inside and not the outside and that was very speical to me. I will miss him alot. We had a great time at the deer camp this year while Mike and Casey were gone to get Olivia. Time I will allways hold in my heart.
To the ? should Jake have went to Vet. well I just thank God that he and Don had that time together that Jake will allways remember.
lots of love,
big sis

Jo said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father in law.

Your family is in my prayers.