Monday, January 22, 2007

I wanted to share a few of my favorite pictures of Daddy Don throughout the 5 years I was fortunate enough to be his daughter. Mine and Mike's 5th wedding anniversary was January 12th. It was going to be the first time we left Olivia with JuJu & Daddy Don since we got home from Vietnam. They were going to keep her and Jake while we went out to dinner. They were definitely looking forward to it. None of us ever dreamed how we would end up spending that day. I hope you enjoy getting a glimpse of the life he lived.

This is the entire Munn family except for Olivia! From left: JuJu, Daddy Don, Rhonda, Mike, Jake, Me, Joyce (JuJu's sister), Emma, Lance and Amy. This picture was taken in 2005.

This is one of my very favorite pictures. This is me and Daddy Don when Jake was about 5 weeks old. Papaw (DD's Dad) had just passed away and he was famous for pointing his finger and smiling in pictures, so Daddy Don was imitating his Dad. Those two men were amazing guys and both incredibly missed.


This is a great picture of Daddy Don doing what came naturally to him - being very silly!

This is from 2004. Mike and Daddy Don both got really good turkeys that year on the same day. Jake was VERY proud!

I love this picture of Daddy Don because it looks just like him on a regular day - sitting in his recliner.

This is a huge buck Daddy Don killed in 2004. This was one of his favorite pictures and it's also one of mine.

Here's JuJu stealing a kiss from the love of her life.

This is Daddy Don's stand on Munn Hill. Mike, DD and Jake worked very hard building it!

Daddy Don and JuJu doing one of their favorite things - spending time with Jake.

3 very silly Munn boys!

Jake flying high in the safety of Daddy Don's arms


I adore this picture! I took it in October. This was the first time Daddy Don and JuJu had seen Jake in his suit and they were super proud of him. They are a good looking bunch, aren't they!?


Here is Daddy Don with Olivia the day we got home from Vietnam. He was the first person to hold her besides us and she liked him from the very beginning. He was one of the few people besides us that she felt comfortable with. They took us to McDonald's where Daddy Don bought Olivia her very first Happy Meal. He was looking forward to taking her to The Cow for an ice cream cone, too. He and JuJu ate there all the time. It's hard for us to even drive by there now.


A picture of Daddy Don and Olivia at Jake's birthday party in December. He was so proud that he was one of the VERY few people she would let hold her. As I type this Olivia is sitting in my lap saying, "Daddy Don."


Here are some precious pictures of Jake giving kisses to his very favorite guitar player. Daddy Don even inspired me to buy my own guitar, but I'm sorry to say I haven't learned much. I hope that all of DD's grandkids choose to learn to play. He would've loved that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! He was an amazing man. So glad I got to know him even for a little while.

All my love and prayers to "My Munn Family."

Uncle Joby.

Anonymous said...

Casey,
Your tributes to Daddy Don are beautiful. As it helps you grieve, it also is a special gift to those of us who have never met you and your family--what a treasure and what a legacy! Thanks for sharing.
Joan (from Dillon forum)

Rachel said...

What great pictures, thank you for sharing. I'm sure looking through them brings back wonderful memories for you. He was no doubt a wonderful man. :)