Friday, January 19, 2007

I forgot to mention something very important about Daddy Don. We weren't the only ones who loved him. I have always known that he was funny, loyal, hard working, smart, and definitely charming, but I didn't know how many other people knew it too. Over 700 people - seven hundred people - came to the funeral home. They each waited in line for nearly an hour just to pay their respects. Over 92 people sent flowers. At least that many brought food and paper products. Sympathy cards are still pouring in everyday. Most days Judy gets at least 30 and we get them at our house as well as Rhonda. We were in awe of the amount of love shown for our Daddy Don. It was unbelievable. He touched so many lives and we were so blessed to be his family. We are all still just amazed at how many people cared about him. He was an awesome man. I'm really so thankful that I was his daughter. I would say daughter-in-law, but Daddy Don didn't really think like that. My brother-in-law Lance and I were no different in his eyes. Mike, Rhonda, Lance, Emma, Amy, Jake, Olivia and I were his children and we were blessed. JuJu was the most blessed of all to be the love of his life. Tomorrow is her birthday, and it will be a difficult day for her. If you think of it, say a little prayer for our Mom, JuJu.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!! that just sends chill bumps all over me. 700 people, that's amazing. that's great. and your anniversary was last week also wasn't it?
Jbethany

www.beyond blessed.com said...

Mike and Casey I am so sorry to hear about Daddy Don. I feel like I know him. What a tribute to him to have 700 people show up at the funeral. I know you will miss him very much. I pray God give you and your family peace.
Casey you have done a wonderful tribute to Daddy Don in your blog.

Anonymous said...

Casey, your gift for words is amazing. You have painted such a true picture of the Daddy Don that I have been blessed to know for the past 10 years. I could never have wished for a better father-in-law for Lance or grandfather for Emma and Amy than Daddy Don. He will be SO SO missed by his family and friends. I know that God has and will continue to bring the "peace that passes understanding" as He holds all of you close.