Friday, January 26, 2007

Daddy reading 'The Pokey Little Puppy' to Jake and Olivia
Have I ever mentioned that I have the most wonderful husband in the world? I'm sure I have, but if not, let me take this opportunity to say just that. Jake, Olivia and I are SO LUCKY because Mike preaches on Sundays and works in his taxidermy studio the rest of the week. His shop is next to our home, so we get to see Daddy whenever we want! He has breakfast, lunch and supper with us and often comes in just to visit. Jake is able to go out and help him at work and if we ever have somewhere we need to go, there's no issue with asking for a day off. He's his own boss! (Ok, in all honestly, we know who the real boss is. Wink wink.) People often ask how Olivia is with Mike. Except for bedtime, she's just as happy with her Daddy as she is with me. She and Jake both still want their Mommy to tuck them in though. Jake and Olivia adore their Daddy, just like I do. I think they are incredibly lucky children to have such an amazing father. I know I'm certainly lucky to have him as my husband and best friend. Incidentally, in the picture Mike is reading 'The Pokey Little Puppy' to the kids and that was his favorite book as a child. I LOVE it when Mike reads this book to them, because he looks SO cute when he says, "I smell something." He says it like summfin. I know this sounds ridiculous, but if you know him, you know what a goofball Mike is and it's just so adorable when he says summfin. I'm so head over heels in love with him, everything he does is wonderful to me. Five years later and I still get butterflies everytime he walks through the front door. I am blessed!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It's so great that Mike works *almost* at home. All that togetherness definitely builds strong family ties!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to touch base with you about my deer. Any idea when it will be ready? Chris Baxley Phone 870-836-2781 email Nana121306@aol.com