Friday, April 06, 2007

SCATTERGORIES
(an interesting game sent to me by my friend Rebecca and I hope to see it on my other friends' blogs next!)

Rules: Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following...They MUST be real places, names, things...NOTHING made up!

My Name: Casey

1. Famous singer/band: C.C. Deville (from Poison - telling my age again! I had a poster of him in my locker in 7th grade!)
2. 4 letter word: call
3. Street name: Chinquepin (my mother-in-law lives on that road)
4. Color: Cadmium Red (Mike assures me this is a color - this game is harder than it looks! Mike has since come up with cobalt blue but I like his original answer, so I'll leave it. As a side note, I used to collect cobalt blue depression glass, but I don't anymore.)
5. Gifts/presents: CHOCOLATE!!!!!!
6. Vehicle: Cabrera (as in Porche)
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Coloring books (Can you tell I have children?)
8. Boy Name: Chase (my nephew!)
9. Girl Name: Carolina (my niece!)
10. Movie Title: Cool Hand Luke (I have never seen this movie, but Mike thinks it's great. It's also mentioned in the movie Serendipity with John Cusack - another great movie.)
11. Drink: Coke (This was my Mama's very favorite drink)
12. Occupation: Caricaturist
13. Flower: Carnation (I hate carnations)
14. Celebrity: Carrot Top!
15. Magazine: We can't think of a single magazine that starts with a "C"
16. U.S. City: Chicago (I had a layover there on my way to DC when I was 17. I went to DC for Clinton's inauguration. Wow. That was a long time ago. I've since gained a few brain cells. Vote Mike Huckabee for President!)
17. Pro Sports Team: Colts (I have no idea what sport they play, but I know they're a team)
18. Fruit: Cherry (I LOVE fresh cherries! I also love cantaloupe and clementines. We ate lots of those in Vietnam. Actually - I love nearly all fruit.)
19. Reason for Being Late for Work: Car broke down (This never happened to me, but I was always late for work when I worked outside of home.)
20. Something You Throw Away: Celery (I absolutely, positively DESPISE celery)
21. Things You Shout: Cheers!!
22. Cartoon Character: Chicken Little (I was not impressed with this goofy movie at all, but while I'm talking about movies again, I would like to recommend The Illusionist with Edward Norton. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long, long time.)

MIKE is sitting over there on the couch helping me think of stuff for a "C" so we'll do his name now.

1. Famous singer/band: Metallica (how old are we anyway?)
2. 4 letter word: milk (Jake's favorite drink - and the one Olivia won't touch with a 10 foot pole)
3. Street name: Main St. (something we used to drive up and down listening to Metallica)
4. Color: Magenta
5. Gifts/presents: Money
6. Vehicle: Mercedes (I suspect Mike has never sat in a Mercedes.)
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Map (something my husband would never look at because he's a MAN)
8. Boy Name: Miguel (this is what Mike calls himself when he tells me stories in his Spanish accent about Miguel & Casena (what he calls me in the story.) These are very funny, ridiculously exaggerated, off the wall stories that he's been telling me since we first started dating that are all about us.)
9. Girl Name: Michelle
10. Movie Title: Men in Black
11. Drink: Mt. Dew (we drink the diet version)
12. Occupation: Male stripper (Isn't my husband a preacher? Ok. I came up with that one. Mike actually said machinist, but I didn't think that was nearly as interesting.)
13. Flower: Mum (good grief)
14. Celebrity: Meredith Viera (Mike has a little crush on her.)
15. Magazine: Men's Health (Mike would never read this magazine.)
16. U.S. City: Magnolia (where Mike is from!)
17 Pro Sports Team: Magic (Mike thinks this may be a basketball team. (I happen to know it is. I used to love the NBA.) We don't watch sports unless it's rodeo.)
18. Fruit: Melon (I love watermelon. Mike likes it with salt. Yuck.)
19. Reason for Being Late for Work: Making out with my wife. (Oh! What a sweetie he is and a very good kisser, as well!)
20. Something You Throw Away: moldy cheese (so that's where that smell is coming from...)
21. Things You Shout: MOMMY!!!! (we hear this ALL DAY LONG)
22. Cartoon Character: Mickey Mouse

This was actually a lot of fun! We've had a good time laughing about our answers. I expect to see these on your blogs in the coming days! If you do play along, leave a comment so we can get to your blog and check it out!

2 comments:

snickerdoodles said...

I love Scattergories but don't have it here in Beirut...what a shame! As for US City starting with "C"...you should have used "Chunky, Mississippi". lol! Remember our little road trip to Georgia? Good times, good times!

jen

Anonymous said...

Magazine starting with a "C"

Computer World
Cooking

Just two immediately off the top of my head ....

You two are so funny.

Uncle Joby