Sunday, April 22, 2007

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

ANNOUNCING:

Ouachita Baptist Church
Pastor - Bro. Mike Munn

I am SO EXCITED to announce that my most wonderful husband is now the PASTOR of Ouachita Baptist Church near Sparkman! It's about 25 miles south of Arkadelphia. Their pulpit committee came to hear him preach last month at New Hope where Mike has been the interim preacher since October. We went to lunch with them and had a really great time. They were "very impressed" with him and invited him to preach for their congregation. He preached a.m. and p.m. last week and they invited him back this Sunday in view of a call. He preached this morning and then this evening we answered questions from the congregation. We then left the sanctuary and in private ballots, they voted UNANIMOUSLY to call him as their pastor! We have been praying about this for several weeks now and Mike felt called to Ouachita so he very happily accepted their offer! We are SO EXCITED!!!!

For any of you who have known me forever, the idea that I am now a PASTOR'S WIFE is absolutely insane! I am completely amazed at how God can use the least of us to do His work. Mike and I both feel like Paul. I guess we are co-chiefs of the sinners. God can see things in us that we can't even see ourselves - and isn't that an amazing blessing?!?!

I am so unbelievably PROUD of my husband. He is an awesome, Godly man and he is a fantastic preacher. I am very proud to be the pastor's wife! I can't wait to see how God uses him, and us, at Ouachita. Please pray for us! Pray for Ouachita, too. They don't know what they've gotten themselves into! :<)

6 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

That's wonderful, Casey. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

:-) Happiness and Congrats from Uncle Joby in San Diego.

You know, of course, now I'll have to fly into Little Rock for my visitations. LOL.

Love to the Munn Family.

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! Congratulations!!

Dan and Elisabeth said...

Great news! Both my parents and brother went to Ouachita Baptist University! Ouachita..we sing, thy praises!! :) Enjoy Arkadoo!!

Anonymous said...

I'm crying and laughing at the same time! I'm so thrilled for you both and wish I was there to give you a great big (non-side) hug! lol! Still, in all the excitement I have to ask....does this mean you are leaving my beloved McNeil?!? It won't be the same if I come home and you aren't down the road...but then again...if I'm in LR you'll be closer. :) This is great news and I couldn't be happier for you.

Morgan said...

Casey! I haven't checked your blog in awhile and am just now reading the news! Congratulations! How exciting.