Friday, March 23, 2007

Olivia as Buzz Lightyear and Jake as Spiderman!

Where in the heck is Nemo?


Nemo was all the rage in our house just two years ago. We've loved Elmo, Bob the Builder, The Wiggles (Mike has since exiled our 4 colorful friends from our house completely), Barney... you get the idea. Now all of a sudden our house is filled with Spiderman, Batman and Superman (are you seeing a trend here?) Then two or three weeks ago, completely out of the blue, the Power Rangers took over my 4 year old son's interest and it's all I hear about. Lightning McQueen is about the only animated character that is surviving at our house these days. So again I ask, where in the heck is Nemo? Where is lovable old Barney or ticklish little Elmo????

My point: my baby is growing up, but let's not go crazy yet. I'm very pleased to say that Jake is still a Mama's boy. I can see him growing though right before my eyes. If he's given the chance to go out and work in the shop with his Daddy, he's out the door faster than you can say, "to the Batmobile!" For the last week or so he's been working on his "web throwing." Olivia doesn't have a favorite character. Although she looks awfully cute in a Buzz Lightyear costume as you can see! She can generally be seen with her Barbie cell phone though. It's rarely out of her hand for long.
My children aren't even in school yet and already I'm mourning the passing of their childhood. They are just growing up too quickly!!!

1 comments:

Laura said...

I'm starting to mourn the passing of our babies' childhood too. I had to register Alyssa for kindergarten last week! She won't even be 5 yet, but the cut-off here is December 2nd. Of course she's thrilled, but I am DREADING it! I feel your pain =).