Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday, February 13th - the day of flowing bodily fluids

Poor Jake. He has had a terrible cough the last few days and at times he coughs so much that he throws up. Well, last night we added diarrhea to the mix and he had an accident on the way home from town last night. He also had an accident first thing this morning. So all of the sheets, etc. have now been washed. Then Olivia wakes up and is wet. This is highly unusal for her. The day goes on. Jake hasn't had any more accidents but he feels so terrible that he actually fell asleep on the living room floor. More unusal stuff. I tried to get him an appointment with the doctor (I just took him last week) and of course there are none today and his pediatrician is out the rest of the week. We can see a different one tomorrow but we have to call between 8 and 8:15 am tomorrow to get an appointment. We will probably get a 9 am appointment and we live an hour and fifteen minutes away. Fun. Regardless, I just want him to see a doctor. Then Olivia wets herself again, but this time just a little bit. Again, unusual. We all eat lunch - did I mention we have NO food in the house? I have to go shopping this afternoon. Jake had corndogs and strawberries. Not so unusual - but still weird! Olivia had rice with soy sauce. Her most favorite thing in the whole world. Mike and our friend Robby had bologna sandwiches. (I'm such a good wife! I did cook pancakes for breakfast though, so that should count for something.) I had instant mashed potatoes with ketchup. Again, not so unusual, but still weird. I bet you couldn't spell unusual in a Scrabble game. Are there 3 u's in the box? Hmmmm. Then, Olivia for whatever reason wasn't wearing clothes - she does this somewhat regularly (taking her clothes off for no reason I mean) and she peed on the living room floor. On the carpet! I was two feet away from her so it wasn't that she couldn't find me for help. She just stood there and peed on the floor. I had to call Mike to come wrangle the kids long enough for me to get the steam cleaner out and clean the carpet. UGH!!!!!!!!!!! I am either going to strangle the kids or myself. I haven't decided which yet. Anyone want to come over and eat chocolate by the pound???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry to hear of all your trouble. I'm at home today with a sick child too. Kaleb has had a cough since Sunday, we took him to the doctor and it was just a "common cold" virus. well, today he wakes up with fever and everyone at his table at school is at home with the flu. so, Beware, it's out there.
I sure would love to come eat chocolate by the pound but can't. I did just make homemade chocolate pie so I will eat some of that and you eat your chocolate and maybe it will make us feel better. maybe?!
love, Jennifer

Rachel said...

Oh man, I hope Jake is feeling better. :( Ava has had tummy issues lately too and she's also famous for the coughing til you puke thing. I love that Olivia like rice and soy sauce...that has always been Ava's favorite too!

Oh, and in my book making pancakes for breakfast frees you from any other fancy food obligations for the rest of the day. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey! I'm sorry it's taken me this long to post something on your Blog. It was great to meet you at the Tet celebration! I really really enjoyed hearing your words of encouragement and advice regarding the process. I'm sorry your day has been so awful, I pray that God helps them go to sleep early enough for you to be able to relax in a nice bubble bath...those are always great in the winter! :-)

Hope to keep in touch - Christi

S. said...

De-lurking to say just wondering if maybe she could have a UTI? It does seem unusual, heehee!

I have enjoyed your blog, your children are beautiful!