Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm feeling old

I can blame fellow Dillon adoptive Mom, Rachel for the last ten minutes that I spent at retrojunk.com. Thanks Rachel! I feel awfully old now though.

I thought, hey I'll look at the 80's movies. That was a fun decade. Then I started looking specifically at movies made in 1987. That was 20 years ago. TWENTY years ago!!!!! That sounds like a million years to me! Ok. Get ready for the titles:

Can't Buy Me Love - This is one of my favorite movies of all time!!! I still have every word memorized. Not to mention this was the future McDreamy's debut. I even own this one on DVD!
Adventures in Babysitting - I used to watch this while I was babysitting!
Dirty Dancing - need I say more???? My best friend Jenni and I still sing the Sylvia and Mickey song.
Overboard - who doesn't love Goldie Hawn?!?!
Some Kind of Wonderful - gave us all hope for true love even when it's hiding in unsuspecting friends.
The Lost Boys - yet another of my favorite movies of all time. I love love love Keifer Sutherland and he was beyond hot with his blonde mullet :<) Ah... those were the days. I can't believe though that these movies came out TWENTY YEARS AGO!!!! If you know these movies as well as I do then you are probably feeling a little bit old now, too. Be thankful that I didn't post a list of all my favorite 80's movies! I'll give you clues to a few of them though. Enjoy reminiscing!

Bueller. Bueller.

Who ya gonna call?

Best Prince soundtrack to a movie - EVER!

Ralph Macchio (I had a poster of him next to my bed)

Yee haw!!! Jester's dead!

Freddy Krueger

Fast Times at ????????

Gizmo

3 comments:

Jo said...

Those are the best movies EVER!!!!!

Everytime I go to Chicago I still say, there is the building from Adventures In Babysitting.

Anonymous said...

ahh...memories! Can't believe those movies came out 20 years ago!

Rachel said...

Ha! Sorry to make you feel old! (as if!)

And I love all those movies! I can't believe they were made 20 years ago. They just don't make 'em like that anymore, do they? :)