Friday, December 28, 2007

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "One year ago today... Olivia officially became ou...": How sweet! A mere child smiling as he kneels alongside a slaughtered animal ~ What a parent you are to teach and instill in your child that ending the life of an innocent animal is sport!

Listen, I love a spirited conversation as much as the next person, but if you're going to leave a sarcastic comment on my blog, you should at least have the guts to leave your name with it. (You could also leave your comment with the correct blog post.)

Also, unless you are a strict vegetarian who owns no animal skin products (that doesn't just include fur, but also leather watch bands, jackets, boots, shoes and leather covered BIBLES to name a few) you really have no right to say anything about hunting. I assure you that hunting animals in the wild is far more humane than raising animals up simply to be slaughtered, pumping them full of chemicals, and then carting them around numerous times from auction to auction then to the slaughter house in huge trailers with no room to move around and NO food or water.

And just for the record, we don't hunt simply for sport, although we do get a lot of enjoyment from carrying on our ancestors' tradition of hunting. We hunt for FOOD. 90% - that's NINTY percent - of the meat my family eats in a year comes from deer, turkey and ducks we kill. Unless you want to start paying our family's food bill so I can buy some of your steroid filled cows from the grocery store, I suggest you keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.

For that matter, if you don't like the content on my blog, why are you reading it in the first place?

2 comments:

erinlo said...

Um.....anonymous....did you know that Casey is a vegetarian?!?!?! Did you know that she and her husband work their bums (that's a Canadian word, BTW) off to take care of their family?!?!?! Did you know that they have two of the sweetest, most precious children EVER?!?!?!

I'm guessing you probably didn't. Maybe you didn't know how incredibly cowardly anonymous comments are, either. I think I'll just assume you didn't know any of it because anyone who DID know- I am SURE- would never leave such an ugly comment. Blessings to you in the New Year.

Kathy said...

I get awful, snide comments from an "Anonymous" as well. Only a coward would hide behind "anonymous". I enabled "comment moderation" on my blog and just delete them.