Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I have IMS - Irritable Mommy Syndrome
I'm a bit frustrated today. Our agency sent out an e-mail to Vietnam families this morning that they would suggest we not bring children under the age of 12 with us when we travel to Vietnam to bring our new children home. For any of you who know me very well, I hardly go anywhere without Jake! It's not that I don't think JuJu and Daddy Don aren't perfectly capable of taking care of him, I just can't be away from him for 2 to 3 weeks. Heck, I can't be away from him for 2 or 3 days! I do well just to go 2 or 3 hours without my Jakey Poo. They said they would consider it on a case by case basis, and that's definitely what they're going to have to do with us. This really isn't even an option. I absolutely will not be away from Jake for that long.
One of the things they mentioned was how important the attachment and bonding processes are with the adopted child. I certainly agree with that, but I also have the same amount of concern about Jake's feelings. How would he feel if we left him for 3 weeks and then suddenly arrived home with a new child that everyone wanted to ooh and ah over? I think that they would both be better off getting to know each other before we get home when it's just our little family and then he can show his new little sister off to everyone when we get back to Arkansas. Besides, Jake is very easy going and travels well. We drove to Illinois in one day (14 straight hours!) and he was very good. Also, I'm sure I would be a much more sane and better Mommy to Olivia if I wasn't an ocean away from my sugarbear. I would be too unhappy about being away from Jake to properly focus my attention.
Why can't everyone just cooperate with me?!?! Grrrr!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you get there leave Jake with Joe and know one will know his is even there!!!