Sunday, June 18, 2006

For those of you who finally found our blog, hello! I can't believe I sent out the wrong address. I don't know why the site is called Blogger and the address is blogspot. Very annoying. Anyway, I'm glad you're here!

My sister Cerra had surgery this past Thursday at the VA hospital in Shreveport. She had her left hip replaced. She was walking on it the very next day and is doing very well. We are going to bring her home in the morning unless something happens between now and then. Please keep her in your prayers!

Jake is spending the night with JuJu and Daddy Don since Mike and I have to go to Shreveport in the morning. I hate missing church, but I'm happy that Cerra will be coming home. I know it sounds ridiculous to most of you, but I already miss Jake and he's only been away from me for a few hours. I feel all out of sorts when he's not with me. I don't know what I'm going to do when he starts school. I just won't think about it for now!
I have some very good adoption news! Our dossier packet is ready to be mailed out from Tulsa next week to the Secretary of State for authentication. I mailed our dossier to Dillon last week and there was only one thing wrong with it. The background checks from the state police weren't notarized. Grrrr! The new notarized ones will be in Tulsa Tuesday or Wednesday and then our dossier will be on it's way! They tell me that it usually takes around 10 days to get it back and then it will go onto the Vietnam Embassy in San Francisco. After that, it will be back to Dillon and then onto VIETNAM!!! Yay! Every little step makes me so excited! I can't believe we're finally so close to bringing Olivia home. This has been such a long road, but I know the destination will be awesome!
P.S. Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there, especially Jake and Olivia's Daddy!

0 comments: