Sunday, June 18, 2006

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DADDY!!!

Jake and I gave Mike a KJV/NKJV Parallel Bible for Father's Day. He liked it very much. He preaches at lots of different churches and the ones with older members tend to respond better to the KJV while churches with a wider age range of members seem to like the NKJV better. I'm a NIV girl myself! The easier it is to read, the better!

We went to pick my sister up from the VA in Shreveport, but they decided to keep her another night because she has a low grade fever and low blood pressure. Hopefully we'll be able to bring her home in the morning. The trip wasn't a total loss though. We got to visit with Cerra (who is doing remarkably well!) and we ate at the Olive Garden (my 2nd favorite restaurant in the world) and went shopping at the Boardwalk. This was mostly because Mike wanted to go to Bass Pro Shops. Ok. Maybe I like that store, too. We managed not to buy one single thing which is pretty amazing. I tell you what, once I finally know what size clothes Olivia will be wearing, she will own a ridiculously large wardrobe! I love going to Osh Kosh B'Gosh and Carters at the Boardwalk. It's probably for the best that I not know her size now. We might not be able to save and scrounge enough to pay for our adoption!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! I like the Olive Garden, too, especially the breadsticks. :-)