Monday, September 24, 2007

Weirdest comment about Olivia so far

So we're in Wal-Mart the other day and we're rolling down the aisle like normal people do. Jake is helping me push the cart, Mike is beside us and Livi is sitting in the front of the cart. So, this middle aged man in one of the Wally World power wheelchairs rides up to us and says something about Olivia being cute. This is normal. Happens all the time. No big deal. Then he asks if she's Chinese. Another normal question. We say she's Vietnamese. He says, "Ah, I spent some time there years back." Normal response from men his age. We get that a lot. So then he says, "Well, she could be mine, well her Mama anyway. I sure had my share of fun while we were over there. Lots of women. No telling how many kids I got over there." HOLY FREAKING COW! I was nearly ill right there in the store. He said this in front of my children! I was not pleased. I looked at him like he was a lunatic and walked away. For those of you who know me, that was actually pretty nice considering. It's a 1000 wonders I didn't clock him. Apparently being a pastor's wife has been good for me :<)

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow!! That is unbelievable. People never cease to amaze me with the ridiculous things they say. By the way, this Kelly, Mandy's friend.

Sebrina Wilson said...

Geez!!!!! That is horrible. What an idiot!

www.beyond blessed.com said...

I think I would have clocked him and then repented! Did he leave his brains there. Good grief.

Heather said...

Obviously something happened to his brain while he was over there! I don't know what I would have done or said. Well, probably they would have had to call for a forklift to pick my jaw up off the floor. It is really a shame that he doesn't have more respect for himself or other people.

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Oh my goodness! I have heard some pretty weird things, but that one takes the prize. I can't belive he said that to you. I think you handled yourself very well. I would probably still be standing there stunned!

Craig and Chaunta said...

oh my goodness!!!

ShellyW said...

Okay, I for one would have not blamed you one bit if you had clocked him one. Sounds like he needed it. Stupidity (don't laugh if I didn't spell that right) at it's finest I guess. What a creep!

Susan said...

You've GOT to be kidding me! Just when you think you've heard it all, huh? I'd like to think that he later regretted his poor judgment in saying what he did, but somehow I doubt it. As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!"

Scott and Leslie said...

All I can say is...Oh my word!!!!

Erin said...

What a jerk!! You're a better person than I am. No telling what would come flying out of my mouth after that!

McGee said...

I think the proper response would be, "I'm sorry, but my daughter is quite obviously too beautiful and too smart to be related to you."

Or would that be considered rude? So sorry you had to deal with such a jerk.