Friday, June 08, 2007

Wasn't I posting about dieting???

I meant to post about dieting but lost myself in a post about sort of bad words. Good grief! So, I've decided that I need to lose a little bit of weight. My jeans don't fit anymore. I can get them on, but can't breath. Breathing is sort of mandatory for life, so I it's either lose a few pounds or buy a new wardrobe. I can't afford the latter, so I suppose I'll have to show the door to the fat cells hanging around my hips (and belly button.) I'm a happy eater. I'm in the routing of eating all day long and into the night. Since I'm a night owl, I'm often eating something at midnight then going to bed at 1 a.m. Apparently this isn't good for you!

So, I like to eat. I eat when I'm happy, so apprarently I've been pretty happy lately! How much I weight is actually completely irrelevent to me. I just want my clothes to fit. I'm not interested in looking hot in a bikini anymore. I just want to look nice in the clothes I presently own. So I bought some Slim Fast shakes a week ago and started having a shake for breakfast. To lose weight you should have two a day, good snacks and one meal. I can't just cut two meals a day cold turkey. My poor body that's used to eating 24 hours a day would go into shock!! So, yesterday I cut the second meal. So I'm having a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and then a sensible meal. HA! That sounds like a commercial. Honestly though that's what I'm doing. Those shakes really are quite filling. Not filling like a huge plate of cheese fries with ranch dressing, but filling nonetheless. I'm also eating fruit between shakes and my meal, but no food after supper. NONE. Ugh. This is the hard part. I love to sit at my computer at night and eat raw almonds or strawberries. These foods are of course good for me, but not in the amounts I'm used to eating. So two shakes a day, one meal, fruit and I'm allowing myself 24 raw almonds per day. Those are good for you.

How do I feel? I'm hungry. Not REALLY hungry, but still hungry. It's all in my head though. My eating had become an addiction and I didn't realize it until I tried to quit eating. It sounds like I'm reading a self help book and getting all this grand information from it, but I'm coming up with it all by my little self. My eating is habitual. I enjoy eating my snacks at night. I wasn't hungry, I was just eating to be eating. Why was I doing that? After I don't do it for a few weeks will the desire to do it go away? I sure hope so.

I have another post coming about why my daughter is so incredibly MESSY. Dear me.

0 comments: