Friday, May 11, 2007

Cow Pokes
This is probably my favorite picture I've taken of Jake & Olivia. We own 10 acres near the town where I grew up and they are standing on the fence checking out the cows. There is an ancient barn there that was beyond repair, but we went down a couple of months ago and salvaged most of the weathered barn wood. We planned on using part of it in our house, but now that we're moving (yes, we're moving) we'll use it for other purposes including a lovely frame for this picture. (My husband is so handy! He can build anything.) Mike also uses some of it for his taxidermy mounts.

For some unknown reason I have a thing for old chains, locks, barbed wire - essentially anything old and rusty - so I really love this picture of Olivia with the old rusted chain. I also started collecting antique glass doorknobs when I was a teenager and poor Mike will have to transfer them off the doors in this house to the new house. I'll no doubt be turning these same beautiful door knobs in countless houses through my lifetime. They go where I go.

Here's Miss Olivia climbing the fence and looking pretty cute doing it!


Jake climbed onto a cypress tree we cut down when we were clearing the land to build a house. I can't believe that just over a year ago we thought we would move onto this property and live there forever. Our plans weren't working out the way we had hoped and I wasn't sure why at the time. I had no idea just 15 months later, I'd be a pastor's wife and moving into a parsonage an hour and a half from this property! God works in mysterious and wonderful ways! I guess we can always retire here one day! We'll just have to wait and see what God has planned :<)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are moving? WOW, you need to post more often. ha you'll have to tell me all about it. send lots of pictures!!! love , Jennifer Bethany

Jo said...

I hope your move goes smoothly. I love Olivia in the camo!!!!