Sunday, July 02, 2006

I want my daughter to come home. I was looking at pictures tonight of the children of other Dillon families who have already received their referrals from Vietnam. They are all so incredibly beautiful. I know that Olivia is alive. I know what country she's in. I know that I have loved her since I was a child. I knew one day I would have a daughter of my own and I loved her with my own little girl heart. It is incredibly difficult to know that my child is somewhere in this world and I can't touch her. I can't feel her breath on my skin as she sleeps next to me. I can't kiss her sweet lips and gingerly touch my fingertips to her cheeks. I can't be there for her when she cries. I have no idea if anyone is holding her in the way she deserves to be held. Who does she cling to when she's scared? I want my baby girl. I don't want her tomorrow or by Christmas. I want her home right now. Right this second. I want to cradle her in my arms and never let her go. Alas, God's timeline and my own aren't in alignment. I should be used to this by now, but I'm not. Not when it comes to my children.

Jake is still sick. Again, God's timeline and my own aren't aligning. Not only do I want Olivia home right this second, I want my son to be perfectly healthy right this second. He seemed a bit better this morning, but then he had fever again after his nap. It's just killing me that he's so sick and I can't seem to do anything about it. Two trips to the doctor, 4 days worth of antibiotics and he's still running a high fever and crying everytime he coughs. It's breaking my heart. There is definitely - FINALLY - a bright light at the end of this tunnel! Jake decided this afternoon he wanted to go to Wal-Mart and get a Spiderman toy! This is good! He wants to get off the couch! YAY! He picked out a Spiderman costume. It's adorable! He looks so cute in it. He loves to dress up. He also wanted a Sprite from McDonald's and decided he might try a Happy Meal. He ate 3 chicken McNuggets!!! This is HUGE progress! He also ate half of his fries! I never dreamed I'd be so excited about my son eating fast food! This is the first he's really eaten in days though so I'm thrilled.

There is a point to all of this of course. God always answers prayers. Sometimes just not when we want them answered. Sometimes he says, "wait." Jake is feeling better. A prayer answered! My daughter will be home soon. I will continue to pray that it's sooner rather than later! I know my prayer for my daughter to be home will also be answered in His time.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Casey,

Wow! Whatever bug Jake has really is hanging on and not wanting to go away. I SO hope he gets better soon!

And about Olivia...she's out there and you'll see her very soon.